Tuesday 12 April 2022

Easter is coming...

 

My 2 adult children have been visiting their father in Auckland over the weekend and they managed to fit in my son's car 2 pieces of wood furniture he made in high school that their father has been storing for him. On the way home through Kawakawa he got a flat tyre and apparently didn't have the right equipment to change a tyre. B and I drove the 25 minutes out there to take him my stuff and once they got home Mr Bruno decided to claim one of the pieces (a treasure chest) for himself.


We have 9 days to go until our move to the South Island. I have been making crochet slippers for everyone, it was something to do while we were stuck at home with covid.



And in the shops displays like this started showing up about a month ago, this is only one of them.

Linking up with Through my lensTuesday TreasuresMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

16 comments:

NCSue said...

Wishing you a blessed Holy Week - an please eat all the candy you wish to leave less for me as I'm trying desperately to lose some pandemic pounds.
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/04/the-last-of-these-for-while-i-promise.html

Klara said...

love the slippers your are making.

Bill said...

Nice slippers! My wife made some too and she loves them.

William Kendall said...

Bruno looks pleased with himself.

Susan Heather said...

Bruno is obviously very pleased that they brought HIS Treasure chest. Good luck with the move. I look forward to reading all about it and your new life on the West Coast. The slippers look great. I have been thinking I must start crocheting again. Will look for a pattern.

Veronica Lee said...

The slippers look snug and comfy.

Beautiful kitty!

Happy Tuesday, Amy!

Iris Flavia said...

Cute pic... I tell you. One day I´ll surprise Ingo with a cat (or two?) and he will fall in love.

local alien said...

Omg just look at that display. Make the most of it!! Easter comes but once a year lol
Love the crochet slippers. I make them now and again. But your design looks warmer.

Tigger's Mum said...

Bruno! At last we get to see you. We see you have your boat ready for your move to the West Coast. xxx Mr T

Tom said...

...I hope that you will enjoy a wonderful Easter!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Those crochet slippers look comfy, especially during cooler weather. It's funny how cats lay claim to certain spaces.
We don't buy Easter candy any more. Hard enough to control weight as it is and best not to even have it in the house!

magiceye said...

Bruno looks like he wont give up his castle without a fight!

Sharon said...

How cute! Cats do love a nice box.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Cats love their boxes! Your handknir slippers look warm and cozy. Hope you are feeling well after covid-- Have a very Happy Easter!

The Padre said...

That First Photo Totally Cracked Me Up - Outstanding Personality There

Cheers

Yvonne said...

Cats always seem to have a strong affinity for things that aren't theirs. I hope your move goes smoothly.

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...