Thursday 24 March 2022

Duck!

Earlier this week towards the evening I was down at our local historical stone store with my daughter teaching her how to drive, this was the view from the wharf where my car was parked.



Just as we were about to leave, more cars parked and suddenly about 50 different kinds of ducks came waddlng out from the water very noisily talking to each other.  They must've thought that if they came out of hiding perhaps they'd get fed.

This week is being very quiet for my household. We are all under a 7 day isolation as my youngest son has tested positive for Covid after catching it from a work colleague. So far he has what seems to be a classic type of flu but my daughter and I we have tested negative although we seem to have different symptoms to him such as feeling tired, sore throat, headache and aching. B hasn't got any symptoms at all though - go figure, so we are all finding different things to do without getting bored. It seems that Covid is racing through our town but at least come April the mandates will be gone and there will be no need for vaccine passes or scanning in when you enter businesses although mask wearing will still be required. Hopefully next week we will be out and about again.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday.

16 comments:

Tom said...

...mallard seem to have found homes around the world.

Tigger's Mum said...

It seems that there is no stopping COVID racing through. The real test was to hold it at bay long enough for vaccine to be available to those who would take it. I know a few triple vaccinated people who have had VOVID and been quite sick. They don't disparage the vaccine but accept they would have been hospital cases (or dead) without having been vaccinated. Hope everyone is well aagain very soon.

William Kendall said...

I find myself wondering if at some point I had it but was asymptomatic.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Sorry to hear that Amy. So many households are either stricken or isolating, but I hope yours will soon be out and about again with no lasting problems. Take care, Mxx

Iris Flavia said...

Nice "store".
I just started another book on how wrong they handled.. or rather handle Covid in Germany. A pain to read.
Hope you are all better soon.

local alien said...

Sorry to hear you've got the dreaded bug so close. Hopefully any symptoms will be mild. Some of our family have had it too. The hardest part is isolating and not getting bored.
Our restrictions are slowly being removed and they say by summer we will all be back to normal. Higher temps help, for us.
Get well soon. Those ducks need you šŸ¤£

Bill said...

We only see a few ducks here every so often. Sorry to hear that covid has invaded your family's space. Hopefully everyone will feel better soon.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Sorry to hear it, hopefully everybody will be fine.
My mother in law got it two months ago. A very violent covid denier and vax resistant. It kicked her butt really good. Still on oxygen, still doesn't want to get the vaccine.
My brother got covid twice and is fine, our son got it, and my sister and her husband.

Jim said...

Cute ducks.

Penelope Notes said...

Haha … I think you’re right that the ducks were hungry. Or maybe they thought they had fallen asleep on a cloud with that beautiful reflection. Hopefully, all will be fine in your household. NZ has had some wonderful leadership on Covid health issues.

Amila said...

All these are beautiful captures…
I like the photo of waddling ducks. So lovely.
Hope all of you will be fine with Covid. Recently, my family was impacted keeping only myself tested negative. But, husband and son recovered fast with mild or no symptoms.
Have a great day!

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful reflections!

Jocelyn
https://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Hope your son has a quick recovery. That's a beautiful reflection in the first photo!

Fun60 said...

It took a week for me to recover from Covid recently. I'm just thankful for the vaccines as I wasn't that unwell. Ducks are the same the world over always on the lookout for an easy meal.

Einari Sinappi said...

Hope for a speedy recovery to all involved. My Mom had it a week ago. And most of my co-workers have had it. I´ve been lucky so far. Knock on wood.

Photo Cache said...

Speedy recovery to the son and hope you all are fine after this.

Worth a Thousand Words

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...