Intersection


It's not often I get to Devonport on Auckland's North Shore as there are 2 ways to get there. One is by ferry from the opposite side which is the city and the other is to brave the traffic through Takapuna, Belmont and Bayswater. 

This angle is down the bottom end near the wharf and ocean but when we turned right to drive back up the hill, I was able to see where I use to work back in the early 1990s before we moved up north. I use to get 2 buses from home, one to Takapuna and the other one would take me here where I worked part time for 2 lawyers. It was good to see so many of the old buildings are still there.

Linking up with Weekend Reflections and the Weekend Roundup.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I enjoy visiting places I used to live or work.
roentare said…
It is looking quite peaceful
Tom said…
...that intersection looks confusing.
Iris Flavia said…
Always happy to see old buildings being kept!
Jim said…
I am glad you got to go, Amy. The first place, a watch factory, where I had a real job has been given to the University of Nebraska for their expansion effort. I would like to go there again, it was a six story building which they may still be using. Dunno.
..
Jim said…
Good reflection post.
magiceye said…
Interesting street photo.
Graham Edwards said…
The one thing I can really remember about driving in Auckland was an incredible traffic jamb on a motorway. On most of the rest of my visits I drove to a friend's and she did all the rest of the driving.
Tigger's Mum said…
Decades since I was anywhere near that end of the country and am surprised (and pleased) to see it hasn't all disappeared under modern glass and steel.
Sharon said…
I love the street view!
James said…
Looks like a nice place to take pictures. I like the buildings.
William Kendall said…
I like that view.