Flight centre

 


Another scene from near Karangahape Road in Auckland City. This one caught my eye because in this part of town there seems to be nearly every building that has posters glued to it advertising promotions. Whenever we have travelled we have never had to use travel agents, in fact I've been reading news stories lately about how they've mucked up peoples tickets or itineraries. I don't know if they really do - have you ever used a travel agent? I think it's just as easy to book your own tickets, in fact we are about to book ours for another trip to Auckland in November as my oldest son and his partner are getting married.

Edited to add: I've just discovered in my blogger spam folder hundreds of unpublished comments, my apologies for that, no idea why they were in there but it's been sorted now.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's Signs.

Comments

roentare said…
I was glad that I sold all the flight centre stocks early in the year. It is the most shorted stocks in Australia.
Tom said…
...red grabs your attention!
local alien said…
We used to use a travel agent. He was very good, got us some good deals. Once online booking came along we did it ourselves.
magiceye said…
We use a travel agent only when we travel in a big group of friends.
Tigger's Mum said…
Work insists I use their travel agent for work travel - fortunately relatively rare because it is always a palaver and I'd have been quicker and more efficient doing it myself and being in control of the results.
s.c said…
Never used a travel agent. Did it always ourself.
DawnTreader said…
I can't recall ever having used a travel agent, but then I've never really travelled all that much. To me it just seems to have got more complicated lately rather than less so, though. Not a live person left anywhere to ask, if what you find online doesn't make sense...
Joyful said…
I used to use travel agents exclusively (in days before internet was an every day use). These days I still use an agent if he/she will book the cheaper tickets for me. I like using them for value added services but I also do book my own. It just depends.
I think I would have a hard time even finding a travel agent in my area. It seems they've all gone out of business.
Photo Cache said…
I don't think I have ever used a travel agent at all.

Worth a Thousand Words
Veronica Lee said…
The travel agent we've been using is very reliable, and I find it more convenient than doing it on my own because I'm a bit lazy about it.
Graham Edwards said…
In all the years I travelled for fun or in the decade I 'commuted' to New Zealand I never ever used a travel agent.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
I think travel agents are useful when you are planning something complicated but for just routine travel I don't think they are necessary.