Thursday 26 January 2023

Through the McDonald's Window


It's not often any of us order from the breakfast menu at McDonalds - I just find their food a bit bland for my liking however as a one off B and I ordered some eggs benedict bagels which weren't too bad. While we were waiting for our food we were looking at this view out the window - apart from a couple of drizzly days of light rain this has been our daily view of the skies. Not bad I think.


This week has been entertaining as our country's new prime minister has been chosen as Chris Hipkins (which I personally think is a good choice) after Jacinda stepped down. I tell you what, I certainly wouldn't want to have their job having my life in the limelight, being constantly maligned by people online and some of the things I've read people saying about her have been vile. How would they feel if it was their family member being spoken about like that? I have to wonder if she was a man would people have still treated her the same way? I think people should put their money where their mouths are and run for prime minister themselves if they can do a better job. Women first got the vote here in 1893 thanks to hard work from the suffragettes yet you wouldn't think we lived in this day and age. Sad really...

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's signs. 

14 comments:

Andy said...

McDonalds ... they are everywhere. The food here is not exotic but still tasty.

Bill said...

What a wonderful looking day and view.

Tom said...

...I thought Jacinda did a fabulous work during the pandemic.

gz said...

Jacinda has done a marvellous job..even where she has come in for heavy criticism it has often been where she has been dealing with what the previous regime left behind...so it is with politics.

roentare said...

McDonalds is convenient and available in most towns. The out of window view is quite quiet and peaceful

William Kendall said...

From my limited exposure to her, I thought she was a good leader.

local alien said...

Jacinda has a good reputation up here as being a strong leader. She was on our news last night in quite a long news spot.
Your MacDonalds looks as if you've got a very advanced ordering system.

Tigger's Mum said...

The striking this about that photo is the expanse - the vast open space, the view of the sky from the middle of town.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I haven't been on the inside of a McDonalds in a long time. Do you order at a kiosk now?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I haven't eaten inside a Mcdonald's in a long time, but I've picked up at the takeaway window at my granddaughter's request a few times. Social media and constant 24 hours news have made political criticism easier and sadly viler these days.

Pisi Prkl said...

I like your street scene. Nice small town vibe. Mc Donald´s is every where.

Amila said...

This is a fabulous view from McDonald's window. I like the clear blue sky. Though I don't like the food offered at McDonald's, I visit it at least every few months because my child loves 'Happy Meal' there and specially the free toy. We just visit to entertain him.

Lisa said...

Wait... eggs Benedict bagel? At McDonald's? Nothing like that here! I like their breakfasts! Their sausage is really good (here at least), and whenever I have to drop someone at the airport early I stop and treat myself to the Big Breakfast! We have those kiosks, but I don't think they have ever been hooked up to use. I do the drive-through.

As to the view, it's very pretty.

I don't know much about New Zealand, but I do enjoy Task Master NZ! Looking forward to the new season! My own, American, version was horrid and I couldn't watch it.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

First off, great find. Photobloggers are always on alert.

And yes, regardless of one's beliefs, the demonization of the candidates and their followers is very upsetting.

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...