Thursday 28 July 2022

Rain, rain go away

 


With the middle of winter well and truly here we are getting more and more rainy days. It's not often I go out on my days off, except for food shopping but this one particular day this week I did need to go into town and ended up running through the pelting rain, of course I stopped after getting out of my car to get this shot. Greymouth is full of old buildings and as you can see above, the ones that have been here originally plus the ones added in recent years have been repurposed by local businesses.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's signs

12 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Nice to see those houses, here everything is hiiiiigh up.
Also... I love rain, even when it´s cold. Just we get none!

Tigger's Mum said...

Aaaah now you get it. Welcome to West Coast living. Don't worry you will eventually develop the necessary webbed toes.

gz said...

Hopefully rainy winter days will mean fewer summer droughts and fires

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Be grateful for small mercies we have had no rain for weeks now and are heading for a drought. Sent it here we are desperate for rain

Andy said...

The only thing missing is the umbrellas. ☔

Bill said...

That's the kind of weather we are used to. :)

Tom said...

...we had a shower today that barely settled the dust, I would gladly take some of your rain.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great street scene and I love repurposed buildings.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I would love some of your rain right now! I like the bright building colors.

Einari Sinappi said...

Nice and cozy little town you´ve got going on there. It looks really nice.

William Kendall said...

We've had our share of rain lately.

Klara said...

uf, I keep telling myself I should go out more when it rains, for the purpose of taking photos, still didn't happen ;-).

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...