Saturday 16 July 2022

Busby Manor


One from my visits to Paihia when we lived in Kerikeri. The Busby Manor resort is on the waterfront overlooking the beach and was named after one of the country's colonialists James Busby who employed by the Governor of New South Wales (Australia) to protect the more well behaved British settlers and traders in the early to mid 1800s. He also assisted William Hobson in drafting the Treaty of Waitangi.

Linking up with Weekend Reflections and Weekend Roundup.

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

Protecting them from the less well behaved?

Tigger's Mum said...

Amy, where is your new header photo taken from?

Tom said...

...oceanfront makes it a wonderful place to stay.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

A good "B" word for this meme Amy. I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Iris Flavia said...

"... more well behaved British settlers and traders" - this made me laugh a bit!

Graham Edwards said...

I've just had a good catch-up on your recent posts and some of the places I've known in times past. Thank you. I may not always comment but I do always enjoy.

Bill said...

Busby Manor must have lots of wonderful views.

James said...

Very interesting. It just occurred to me that I don't know very much about New Zealand's history.

NatureFootstep said...

I love the coast and beaches :)

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...