Saturday 2 April 2022

Mauao


I'd forgotten about this photo I took when we lived in Mount Maunganui 4 years ago. Sometimes I take random photos of streets and this one is one of the ones near the beach that's full of mostly apartments. In the background is Mauao (which means "caught in the light of day") - it's the sacred mountain based at the entrance of Tauranga Harbour. It's a very popular place for people to climb up as it's quite steep and good for fitness.

Thank you for those of us who have wished us well. Earlier last week my youngest son caught covid off a work colleague, 3 days later B came down with it then my daughter and I got it. So say it's like a mild flu is far from it, B had a mild dose and my son came right from it after 4 days. I never want to go through this again ever, the exhaustion is so great that I had 3 naps yesterday and we have been drinking lemon juice with honey every day plus taking vitamins and we have all been double vaxxed and boosted.

Linking up with Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup.

9 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...


Great photo.
Sending healing thoughts to you and your family!

At Home In New Zealand said...

You reminded me of the last time I walked up the Mount, getting passed all the time by those fit healthy people who were running up it!
There seems to be no set pattern to covid - some have no symptoms at all and others get really sick with it. Get well soon :) ss

Susan Heather said...

Hope you are starting to feel better now but it can take a long time.

local alien said...

My neice runs up the mountain 3 times a day . She's a fitness whizz, runs half marathons .
Yeh, covid is not just the flu. Good to remind people. You just don't know how you'll feel and for how long.
I really hope you're feeling better. You need that strength right now

Tom said...

...Mauao, "caught in the light of day" is neat!

Betty J. Crow said...

Beautiful pic. I hope you feel better soon.

Bill said...

Nice photo, Amy. Hope you are feeling better.

William Kendall said...

A good view. I hope you feel better soon.

James said...

Nice shot! I like the clouds. I've been hearing about lots of cases latey in people who are vaxxed and boosted. Hoping for full recoveries soon.

Queue

  I'm sure we've all stood in this same way at airports in our lives. This one features B and 2 tourists waiting for coffee at Auckl...