Tuesday 1 March 2022

To and Fro

Rapahoe Beach, Greymouth

So right now I'm wishing that the concept of moving house was easy. We are due to be living on the West Coast by the middle of April and so far we have been sort of in negotiations with 2 banks. One was my bank who I spoke to last year about a mortgage, I contacted the same loan advisor since the lending rules have recently changed and after him promising twice in one week to contact me about it he failed to follow through both times which I think is rude. The second bank we don't belong to but they are a bit more relaxed about their home loan rules so hopefully this week we will have some positive updates about being able to buy a property down there we can move into straight away.

At the moment we are feeling like pieces of driftwood, like the ones on the beach in my photo, being buffered by the winds and pushed around by the tide. But on a positive note I have secured a job I can go into once we've moved and B is still waiting for his job contract so that's one thing that's out of the way.

Linking up with Through my lensTuesday TreasuresTravel TuesdayMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

12 comments:

Susan Heather said...

Glad you have a job sorted. Good luck with the mortgage.

Tigger's Mum said...

Good to have jobs to go to. I love that beach photo. Good luck with the financing - have you found a place to buy?

Bill said...

I love driftwood and have a collection of some that I found on my walks thru the years. I agree, the person at the bank is rude for not calling you like he said he would. Those type of things really drive me crazy. It doesn't take long to make a call and be polite. That's great that you have a job lined up already. Wish you some good luck in getting a mortgage.

Fun60 said...

It must be very stressful for your trying to sort out the finances needed for the move. Hope it is sorted out soon.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Taking on a new mortgage is always stressful - even when there's no problem with the last one. It's a big mental leap - and then there's allllll the paperwork!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Feeling adrift is fine for wood on the beach (and the picture is beautiful). But it's not a good feeling at all for human beans though ;>). What a hassle and I sure hope it all works out perfectly --- and soon. Glad you have your new job lined up!

William Kendall said...

Change can be stressful. In a few months it'll be behind you.

Veronica Lee said...

Moving is not easy but starting a life somewhere new sounds exciting and a good way to reset.

Sending you positive vibes, Amy.

Iris Flavia said...

That is rude indeed, to fail twice to meet you.
Glad you found another bank and yay for the jobs!
I hate moving, really. Hope it is easy on you!

local alien said...

Hope everything goes the way you want it.

Jim said...

Great scene.

betty-NZ said...

I can certainly relate as we were asked to leave the farm house because new managers were moving in, all to be done by 'Moving Day', June 1. We have a house to rent just down the road, but the waiting and the packing is quite frustrating sometimes.

Good luck with all you need to do, I'm sure it will all work out.

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

Pavement

  A neat and tidy pavement lined alleyway/shopping area in Paihia. Linking up with  Weekend Reflections   and the  Weekend Roundup .