Tuesday 22 February 2022

Paihia I-site

 


All around New Zealand we have little wee buildings that are designated as i-sites aka information places for tourists where they have knowledge on local places and businesses etc. This one in Paihia is located right next to the wharf and has a Maori carving (pou) on either side which were created by artist Tupari Te Whata from Tautoro which is south of Kaikohe. 

Linking up with Our World TuesdayThrough my lensTuesday TreasuresTravel TuesdayMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

7 comments:

Bill said...

Nice little info building with beautiful Maori carvings.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That seems so traveler-friendly -=- and really makes me wish I could come visit!

William Kendall said...

An unusual tourism info centre.

Tom said...

...this is the inspiration for many of the cravings that I'm seen in Maui. You are making me homesick. Thanks for sharing.

Veronica Lee said...

How extraordinary! I'd love to visit one.

Happy Wednesday, Amy!

Einari Sinappi said...

Fantastic Tribal Art. Something like that - but smaller - would be a great souvenir.

Graham Edwards said...

When I lived in New Zealand and toured around I found the i-Sites very helpful sources of local information.

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...