Tuesday 2 February 2021

Visiting Maitai Beach




 Yesterday B and I were out on a tiki tour up the Karikari Peninsula which is a good 90 minutes from home. Such a hot Summer's day, I should've taken some walking shoes to protect my feet from the heat of the golden sand but instead I had my jandals on and those really didn't do my feet any justice but they are comfortable. 



One of the places we stopped at was Maitai Beach - on one side of the entrance was a driveway leading to Iwi Maori land that was well sign posted and on the other side was another dirt road leading to 2nd beach. This one is managed by the Department of Conservation and is used as a campground, I was quite impressed at how tidy and clean it was. 




It's strange how travelling takes all the energy out of you, it's not just the heat. Once we got home in the afternoon I put an old film noir movie on (one of my interests is old movies) from 1936 while I edited my photos from the day, trailer below:


Linking up with Our World Tuesday, Through my lens, Tuesday Treasures, My Corner of the World and Wordless Wedneday.



22 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

so beautiful. I miss this kind of places. Glad you share them so I can "visit" online.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice beach to visit, very quiet. No sunbathing for you there then, is that you posing by the fence

Amy said...

Yes that's me with my messy hair, I don't sunbathe, I have white Scottish skin, it burns in 10 minutes.

Jim said...

Beautiful.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

a beautiful day to be by the sea

William Kendall said...

Idyllic!

Photo Cache said...

It's so beautiful there. Love the blues.

Worth a Thousand Words

Pauline said...

Thanks for the reminder to visit Karikari Peninsula again, it is a beautiful place. And that beach is one of my favourites, so unspoilt.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I like traveling both short and long distances and no matter how good a time I have on a trip I really cannot rest completely until I am home.

Tigger's Mum said...

Oh my that beach is beautiful, and with all that GREEN behind it. I can't wait to come home. (Two years and counting down)

Iris Flavia said...

So nice to see the ocean (and you). Oh, I long for heat and water, all icy here, 1C.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I think we are so lucky here in NZ - we have so many absolutely stunning beaches. These are beautiful :)

Tom said...

...this beach bum won't be on the beach this winter. Thanks Amy for sharing what I will be missing. Take care and thanks for stopping by.

local alien said...

Beautiful beach scenes and I enjoyed those scenes from the classic black and white movie. Oh and that atmospheric music too.
Looks like good entertainment

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nice to see you Amy 😉 Lovely beach but as you say this hot weather is absolutely exhausting ✨

Graham Edwards said...

I remember the Iwi Maori land signage - it didn't mince it's words! It would have been a brave - no foolish - Pakeha that opened that gate.

dee Nambiar said...

That's a very pretty beach. Love the color of the water! :)

Bill said...

Nice beach and it's nice that people can camp there. You just have to watch out for high tide. :)

NCSue said...

I would dearly love to visit a beach just now even though it is mid-winter here!
Thanks so much for joining us at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/02/black-and-white.html

Veronica Lee said...

A very lovely beach to visit, Amy!

Oh, how I miss the sea!

Pisi Prkl said...

Well, hello Amy! Nice to see you. You´re so lucky to have such surroundings and weather. It´s -15 degree (5F) and good foot of snow in here at the moment. Wanna trade? :)

betty-NZ said...

We haven't been in Northland very many times and I hope we get to go again soon. Your photos are wonderful of this gorgeous beach!
I like the oldie movies, too. They were so much better written.

Thank you for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...