Monday 22 June 2020

Slushed puppy





As part of Mural Monday I've included this campervan I spotted behind the local shops over lockdown. I suspect this one is part of the Wicked Campers franchise who have been very controversial with the way their vans have been illustrated on the outside, some have been reported as being quite offensive - this one seems to promote Vodka.

The words "slushed puppy" is a term of reference as being like "sloshed" or "tipsy" and nothing to do with dogs. Inside the van there is usually enough space for a bed, toilet and sink known here for people who like to "freedom camp", something that is not well liked by many kiwis.

What I found funny though was that one of their vans is painted in the style of the Scooby Doo "Mystery Machine" - anyone of my generation and older will remember that one 😁

Stay safe. Kia kaha. Linking up with Monday Murals.

9 comments:

Tom said...

...here a "slush puppy" is a crushed ice and flavored treat!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I liked the play on words with Absolute. Even though I'm not a drinker and I've never had vodka in my life, I knew what it was. I think this is clever. You found a really unique "mural" during lockdown. Good find.

Iris Flavia said...

A toilet?! We had no such luxury in our car travelling Australia... Ours was brown, you never saw us in the red dirt, wee this one has another purpose for sure.

Bertiebo said...

I did not know 'slush pupp'. Now I do. Oh and I like the dog

Sami said...

It does appear to be a Wicked Camper van. I like the play on words on the back door. Thanks for contributing to Monday Mural Amy.

s.c said...

Great caral.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Freedom camping is a big thing here. Lots of people in the vans using their apps to find places to camp for free.

Tigger's Mum said...

It looks abandoned! Or like it got 'slushed' and woke up in a strange town. I wonder if it remembers how it got there.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We usually see quite a few ”driveable murals” around here ... lots of counter culture going on in Eugene. I hadn’t heard about much about van camping ...that’s interesting, really getting down to the basics. (I love RVing, but would not ever be willing to go that basic for sure.)

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...