Tuesday 30 June 2020

A breakfast to die for



Mondays are usually my other half's day off each week and either we try to get out in the boat, go on a road trip or have brunch at one of our favourite cafes - The Rusty Tractor.




My favourite is usually the Eggs Benedict with bacon and a large Mocha - I like the pattern they used on top. According to their lunch menu here's what you can get:

Fish and chips - with salad, tartare sauce, lemon, malt vinegar.
Cajun and Oregano poached chicken salad with apricots, raisings, nuts and seeds, lemon olive oil vinaigrette.
Eggs Benedict - free range bacon and poached eggs on sourdough with creamed spinach, seeded mustard hollandaise, cayenne pepper.
Battered tiger prawn cutlets - with sumac and clove spice, citrus dressing, crisp apple and fennel salad.
All day breakfast - bacon and eggs your way with grilled tomato, sausage and fried onion, hash browns, sourdough toast and hollandaise.
Salt and pepper calamari - with olives, tomato and red pepper salad, feta cheese, roasted almonds, crispy shallots.
Braised lamb shank with potato gnocchi - spanish pepperata, charred cauliflower, queen olives, and lenon soured cream.
Double beef and bacon burger - with carrot slaw, red onion, gherkin, lettuce, tomato, egg and fries.
Seafood chowder - with potato, fresh herbs, cobb loaf and kilpatrick oyster.

And that's just their lunch menu! Now you can see why we go there.
Linking up with Our World Tuesday and My Corner of the World.

20 comments:

Tom said...

...I must say that it looks mighty good!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

yum, now I'm hungry

Photo Cache said...

I miss dining in! My husband is a big fan of eggs Benedict.

Worth a Thousand Words

Susan Heather said...

That looks good.

Karen said...

Yummy!

Rhonda Albom said...

Eggs Benedict is one of my favourites. I have a local cafe that makes it on a homemade hash brown (instead of a muffin) so it can be gluten free.

Graham Edwards said...

I remember well a post you did on the Rusty Tractor a year or so ago (unless time is playing tricks with me) and, of course, I've seen your pictures of 'that breakfast' before. I sooo love bacon but I find eggs Benedict very filling if absolutely yumptious.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Beautiful presentation. Your post made me hungry!

Tanza Erlambang said...

cappuccino looks appealing...

William Kendall said...

It's been quite awhile since I've had eggs benedict.

At Home In New Zealand said...

We used to do something similar on hubby's day off (he worked shifts so the day changed) - often we went on a road trip or found a place for a picnic, or sometimes just sat on the wharf and ate icecream. It is great to make memories like this :)

handmade by amalia said...

Looks delish.
Amalia
xo

Veronica Lee said...

Yummm! I am drooling!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That breakfast looks wonderful!!

Sharon said...

That sounds like a great place to eat. Those eggs Benedict look wonderful.

Bill said...

That looks delicious!

jennyfreckles said...

Brunch out is a real treat, especially with fare like that!

Rose said...

The breakfast sounds wonderful!

betty-NZ said...

I'm not a breakfast person, unless it's later in the day :)

'My Corner of the World' is happy to see you this week! Thanks for linking.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh that looks scrumptious Amy, I looove having breakfast out, it is definitely my favourite eating out time.. that menu looks so good, poached eggs on toast.. yum 💛

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...