Thursday 28 May 2020

Winter is the time




Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a walk beside the fire; it is the time for home - Edith Stilwell.

End of week summary:

  • The trees have nearly lost their leaves. These ones (above) stood tall and bare against the overcast sky as they create a barrier between a Kiwifruit orchard and the main road.
  • I've been watching alot of old movies this week...a mixture of Robert Mitchum, Betty Grable, Danny Kaye, Bette Davis and Ginger Rogers.  I prefer old ones rather than modern ones.
  • The socks and warm jerseys have come out of the storage cupboards. We are now in late Autumn/early Winter - although it's so mild up here a coat is rarely needed.

Hope you're staying safe where you are. Kia kaha. Linking up with Skywatch Friday.

13 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, and we have been in the low 30sC!

Amy said...

opposite seasons to the northern hemisphere, think on average during the day here its about 14 deg celsius so pretty mild.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Socks and warm jerseys in use here now :)

Rhonda Albom said...

Just put on a beanie to go on a walk. I probably didn't need it but some parts here get quite breezy.

Bill said...

I love the old black and white movies. Betty Davis is one of my favorites. What ever happened to Baby Jane was my favorite movie with her. I remember seeing it when I was young and it scared me. :) Stay warm!

Karen said...

We are entering summer here in Canada. I like your tree silhouettes.

Jim said...

Great grey shot.

carol l mckenna said...

Magnificent sky and tree shot!

Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Lady Fi said...

I like the bare trees of winter.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love winter trees Amy, the three deciduous trees in my front garden are all naked now 😊 it's still pretty mild through the day here in Perth, chilly mornings and evenings though.. love this weather 💜 Happy weekend.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love photos of trees without the leaves. Stay warm!!

Sharon said...

Trees are one plant that look beautiful in all seasons.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

A pretty, wintry shot. I like watching old moving, but enjoy the new ones too.

Queue

  I'm sure we've all stood in this same way at airports in our lives. This one features B and 2 tourists waiting for coffee at Auckl...