Wednesday 29 January 2020

Quandaries and dilemmas


Yesterday morning I walked from our house up to the surf beach, then back down through the campground then up home again - the whole thing took me about an hour and a half. Boiling hot day and so many more forecast until at least the end of February - not a drop of rain in sight. It's so hot that the tar on our road was melting. I did manage to climb up to the top of this hill though, only about 50 steps so it wasn't too hard on my knees but was good exercise. One of those places where I could see over the whole beach and coastline. I did stop to help a group of ducks cross the road, luckily no cars were coming so they waddled from one side to the other.


A dilemma exists for us at the moment...our plans to move to Whakatane? Well the other half has decided that he would prefer to move back up to Kerikeri so we are in a quandry - I don't mind either way but I just wish we had a decision. I sound impatient don't I? The other half has spoken to his area manager about it and is awaiting not just a phone call back but also contact from the area manager in Whakatane to tell us whether he has the job or not. Where I've been working on a casual basis just before Christmas, they've offered me permanent work but it's only 1 day per week which really isn't enough - I've tried looking around for other work but in a small town it's virtually non existent, the the best option is to move especially since none of us are very happy here.


Do you think we want things to happen in life in our time because we are impatient and don't want to wait for when it will finally get done? I think so...it just feels like it is dragging on. Will keep you posted.

Linking up with My Corner of the World.

14 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

I don't think it is simply impatience. Being unsure of what the future holds and where we will live can be so unsettling. At least, that is how I found it. My life anchors in my home, and when that is not stable if really affects me (I have lived in six different places in the last eighteen months, and am so glad to finally be settled again and have my old familiar things around me instead of in storage).

Amy said...

yes I agree with you there, good point. I, like you am tired of moving every few years or less, we just want to find somewhere to settle down and stay.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I hope you guys get to some sort of solution soon!!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Good luck with what ever you decide. Must admit the pace you are looks very nice but then I do not live there and I have no doubt is busy in the summer.
You asked what I did well here is a link to where I did work
https://spuduka.blogspot.com/2019/12/diamond-light-source.html

Amy said...

yes it's very seasonal here, busy in summer, quiet in winter but sadly there just isn't the level of work opportunities here. I've been travelling to another town for my part time job but now that it's down to 1 day a week it's just not enough.

Susan Heather said...

I hope you get something sorted soon. I know that I hate it when things are "up in the air" like that. I did wonder about jobs when you said you had moved to Mangawhai.

William Kendall said...

That is a problem. I hope you'll have a solution soon.

Fun60 said...

It must be very unsettling to not have a clear view of your next home.

gz said...

Hope you get a solution soon...and some steady fine rain...at night!

betty-NZ said...

Well, if none of you are happy there, then, by all means, the best thing to do is move. After making that decision, it's hard waiting to see what your options are, but I'm sure it will be settled for you soon. Your photos of the beach are great :)

Thanks for making 'My Corner of the World' a success this week!

My Corner of the World

Graham Edwards said...

I really feel for you. Not being anchored is very unsettling for anyone but nomads. Generally we humans need a degree of certainty in our lives. So I think your desire to get things settled is both normal and understandable.

Sharon said...

I think when things seem unsettled, we are always in a hurry to get it done so we can go back to normal. It will all work out.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I think you answered your own question Amy, if none of you are really happy there and the opportunity to move comes about you should. You might even find something more rewarding yourself in Kerikeri.. fingers crossed 💙

Tom said...

...beautiful sights, I hope that you will get a bit of rain!

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...