Saturday 11 January 2020

Having a rest


Yesterday my daughter and I drove up to Whangarei for her optometrist appointment to get new glasses. While she was seeing the doctor I walked around a few streets with my camera, the heat was pretty stifling and I think wearing jeggings was probably the wrong thing to have on. There's so many roadworks on the way there and in town itself, we couldn't wait to get home.

We have to go up there again next Friday so she can pick up the new glasses - something cooler will be on the cards I think...

9 comments:

Graham Edwards said...

So very typical of so many New Zealand towns.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I do not envy you the heat your having, cooler sounds good

William Kendall said...

He looks lost in thought.

Bill said...

At least he found some shade to sit in. The street looks so quiet with no people around.
Enjoy your day!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Hi Amy, I did read that the effects of the fires was far reaching, they are so shocking. I hope yourself and family had a good Christmas and all the best for the new year 💙

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I do a lot of wandering around with my camera while accompanying my wife on errands. The shots one happens upon are often the best.

Amy said...

I would swap with you any day, I can't stand Summer.

NatureFootstep said...

Looks like a nice moment. And I like the trees standing there. :)

Sharon said...

That street doesn't look too busy. It was probably too hot to be out and about.

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...