Sunday 17 November 2019

The Tomarata Fireworks Display




Every year one of the local primary schools holds a Fireworks Display in one of the empty domains. This particular area is a farming community so fundraising is a huge part of their efforts to maintain and look after their students. Usually November 5th is Guy Fawkes day here in NZ but this was held the week after.


Since we've had B's daughter here from Perth for the last 2 weeks she decided to go with 2 or my 3 children (the 21 year old and the 19 year old). I figure they probably wouldn't appreciate us oldies going along with them so we thought they would appreciate the freedom.


I think the fireworks are usually donated and it's nice to have a display like this that many many local people can turn up and have a safe enjoyable night. The fireworks are huge and run for a couple of hours, I do think that private sales should be banned and displays like this should be encouraged, far too many idiots out there, don't you think?

Linking up with Our World Tuesday.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

I love fireworks so I'd enjoy this very much. I loved the little video.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm not 100/% sure Amy but I don't think you can buy fireworks here.. it's only the professionals. They are lovely to watch in this way 🎉

Graham Edwards said...

Amy here on Lewis we used to have a huge organised firework display every New Year. Another one was held on 5th November at the Airport. Unfortunately financial austerity brought them to an end. My son's village on Lewis organises a bonfire and fireworks display around the 5th November. This year I saw virtually no fireworks nor bonfires.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I agree - far too many people do not know how to let fireworks off safely. I for one would be much happier if there were more public displays and no personal sales.
Your photos are awesome. I have never had any luck photographing fireworks - probably because I've never sat down with my camera and really learnt how LOL.

Bill said...

Great fireworks photos! I enjoy the video, felt like I was there.

William Kendall said...

Dazzling!

Susan Heather said...

What a wonderful display for a small rural area. Public displays are the way to go.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the fireworks are beautiful. Lovely captures! Enjoy your day, have a happy new week!

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Looks like a dazzling display. What fun! I agree that fireworks (especially big booming ones) should be left to professionals.

Fun60 said...

More and more people are supporting the large displays these days. That looks like an excellent one.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Ooohs and aaahs! I’m very impressed. Both with the display itself and the great night photography and video. Very cool. Yes, certainly , trained pros only should be doing fireworks!

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...