Thursday 7 November 2019

It's heatwave time


A couple of weeks ago we were exploring the Mahurangi Peninsula and stopped in Algie's Bay. It was already a warm day, it should've been an indication of what was to come.

I have very pale skin due to my Irish/Scottish/English ancestry so when I go out in the sun I have to put on sunblock, usually only particular brands work otherwise I end up red as a beetroot in a lot of pain.


At that point we were thinking of moving down this way but decided against it as the level of traffic that goes through Warkworth would be too stressful.

Anyway this week we've had record temperatures for this season. Usually Spring is temperamental, you get a mixture of rain and a bit of warmth. This week we've been in the early to mid 20s and other parts of the country have been up to 30. It really feels like Summer already.


I've had to finish my home help part time job I had, when I first started I knew the work wasn't regular but didn't quite expect it to be this bad. On average I've been working about 4 hours a week which really isn't enough. Because we live in a small town there really isn't much else and anytime a job becomes available everyone goes for it, it's really about who you know not what you know most of the time. So needless to say having no money has been quite financially stressful and I've been extremely bored. I was offered a part time retail job but the process of hearing about it has been quite laborious and slow, fingers crossed something comes up.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday.

14 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good luck on the job front.

Beautiful shots.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Dear Amy - what happened to our spring? It is so hot here today in Hamilton and it's not even lunchtime yet! Summer looks like it is arriving with a vengeance. Like you, I also have very fair skin and seek shade and indoors when the sun gets this hot. Hope you find good work soon. So many folk looking for work throughout the country and it must be so much harder in a smaller town. Good luck.

gz said...

The climate really is going haywire.we are about to have January temperatures in November..it has been struggling to reach double figures as now is heading for half that....I am glad that we will be heading your way a week Monday!!

Susan Heather said...

Sorry to hear about the job situation. Yes, another hot day today again.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice beach to visit though I do not envey you the heat, I cannot handle it here either so am happy with the cold wet winter we are starting at the moement.
Keep looking for that job, something will come up for you

Fun60 said...

Sorry to hear the home help work hasn't worked out. Walking along the beach is a pleasant way to enjoy your days but with the temperature creeping up to the 30s I imagine you will be walking either early in the day or late.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely shore photos ~ beach is so wonderful ~ hope you are keeping cool ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful skies over the water. Best of luck with your job search. I know how hard that can be in a small town.

Bill said...

Beautiful photos, Amy. Wishing you some good luck in finding a job, it will come. :)

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Good luck finding a job - great photos!

Liz Needle said...

Lovely sea side shots. Good luck with the job hunting.

Jutta.K. said...

These photos make me dream of the summer.
With us it is very cold and for the weekend even snow is reported
My Sky ...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautiful images and absolutely Amy, fingers and toes crossed that something comes up really soon ✨

NatureFootstep said...

seems wonderful in my eyes right now. We are inbetween fall and winter, a dark, dull and reainy period. Wish I could visit you :)

Queue

  I'm sure we've all stood in this same way at airports in our lives. This one features B and 2 tourists waiting for coffee at Auckl...