Tuesday 22 October 2019

A horse is a horse...


I quite often take my camera out with me when I drive around town and today I stopped at a farm I was visiting where the owner was telling me about her horse. Apparently the horse isn't far off giving birth to her first foal. I didn't know this before but apparently horses are pregnant for about 11-12 months, way longer than us humans and the owner said to me that once the waters break labour lasts for about another 30 minutes then it's all over.

I can't wait to see the new edition next time I'm there.

Linking up with My Corner of the World.

6 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh poor horses, nine months is well long enough for a pregnancy 😉 Lovely white horse here Amy 💙

William Kendall said...

No doubt impatient to see the little one.

Bill said...

Wow, I didn't know that bit of info either. That's a very long time to be pregnant, I'm sure the horse will be glad when it's over.

betty-NZ said...

The things I learn on the internet! What a lovely horse, great picture.

Your post on 'My Corner of the World' is much appreciated!

My Corner of the World

Sharon said...

I'll be looking forward to photos of the new arrival. Your photo is gorgeous.

Clipping Path said...

assume view , nice picture ....!

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...