Friday 27 October 2017

Stormy view over Port of Tauranga


Since we've moved over to Mount Maunganui I've been wanting to walk along the walkway/cycleway of the harbour bridge to take a photo of the Port of Tauranga.  Finally a couple of weeks ago after a stormy weekend I bit the bullet and got it done.

In the distance you can see the Mount, on the left is part of the port with a small number of containers only in view (it literally goes for quite some distance) and on the right is the Tauranga Marina. Still in Spring here with an equal number of rainy and sunny days.

Thanks to all for well wishes while I've been sick, I hope I literally never have to go through that again. I feel like I'm on the mend :-)

7 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. No fun being sick at all!

I like the moodiness of the shot. :)

William Kendall said...

The moodiness also appeals to me.

Rhonda Albom said...

I hope the gloomy weather will pass soon (and your illness sooner).

Bill said...

Nice scene, I really like this and I agree with the other comments that the photo has a moody feel to it. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Being sick is not fun.

carol l mckenna said...

Lovely stormy harbor shot ~ great mood to it ~ ^_^

Love and light,
A ShutterBug Explores

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful walk -- i'm glad you're feeling better.

mick said...

Great photo with an interesting view of the Port and fantastic stormy weather. Keep well!!

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...