Friday 15 May 2015

Winter foggy skies over Mangawhai estuary


Now this is a view I'm going to miss. This weekend is my big move to Tauranga. Lately I've been packing things into boxes and sorting stuff out. I think I've taken 12 bags to the op shop so far and a trailer load of unwanted junk to the tip (thanks to my dad).

Anyway in this shot is our local Mangawhai estuary, or part of it. I think I remember taking this on the way to work one cold morning. Here we don't get snow but it does tend to rain and get very very damp with cold nights down to about 0 deg celsius at night.

I'll be back next week when I've settled in - until then have a great weekend. For more skywatch Friday's click here :-)

11 comments:

Wayne said...

The thin layer of fog is pretty cool. Good luck with your travels.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty view of the estuary and sky! I hope your move goes smoothly! Have a happy weekend!

Photo Cache said...

Wonderful scene. Safe travels. Hope the move goes smoothly.

Worth a Thousand Words

Pauline said...

Good luck with your move. I'm sure you will miss Mangawhai (I know I did) but Tauranga has many, many attractions that I'm looking forward to seeing via your blog.

Jocee said...

Lovely shot. Good luck with your move. Look forward to seeing some Tauranga scenery soon :-)

Jarek said...

Just beautiful! great shot :-)

Jim said...

Beautiful light and colours.

NatureFootstep said...

a nice sky and even better land and river. I can understand you will miss this. But I guess you come back to visit.

Rhonda Albom said...

Is it a permanent move? Too bad, I was enjoying having another blogger so nearby. Beautiful shot, but there will be plenty more in Tauranga.

Unknown said...

lovely shot
all the best with your move

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hope your move is successful and you will be happy in your new home. And you saved your favorite views with your beautiful pictures.

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...