Monday 30 June 2014

Better eating and winter rainbows

You know what it's like when you get to the point where you need to go food shopping and there's not alot in the cupboards? Well after searching for a recipe so I could do some baking for the teens lunches I found this recipe for Chocolate Muffins (recipe here).  They turned out well risen and yummy.

Other updates are my daughter has been asked to her senior school ball by her new boyfriend, who is lovely and just like her so we have been looking for a ball dress. because I"m on a tight budget I've got to be careful financially but we've found one which is almost kind of Victorian Steampunk-ish and SO her. We have it on our watchlist at the moment so here's hoping it's going to be ours.

Annnnd I just love winter! Perfect time to keep warm and cosy inside while storms and bad weather are going on outside. Last week the youngest had a doctor's appointment and we drove home in the pelting rain. Here's a shot I took once the rain had stopped:


I just love rainbows - the colours are so vibrant! Have a great week everyone.

2 comments:

betty-NZ said...

The muffins look yummy! I know your daughter is walking on air! And that double rainbow is awesome.

Amy said...

thanks Betty :-)

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...