Tuesday 13 December 2022

Christmas cats

We have 2 new additions to our household. Above, this is Tiger - he's a 7 year old tabby cat that we adopted from our local SPCA. He chose me as his human and although he's a bit timid he loves his cuddles and pats. 


And this is Floki - he's a 2 year old tabby with lots of energy. So far him and Bruno have become friends. They hold each other down and groom each other.

So of course at this time of year people get more frantic stocking up to buy their groceries for Christmas day. Work has been getting more and more busy, the roster has just come out and most people have been given an extra day or 2 just for the week. We've all been down with a nasty flu, weird as it's the beginning of Summer here, similar to Covid but it wasn't - it just knocked all of us down for a few days. Masks are no longer mandatory here but I've had enough of people coughing and sneezing on me so I've started wearing them again. Hopefully that will cut down the amount of time I'm home sick.

13 comments:

local alien said...

Your cats sound great new family members. I'm much more a cat person than a dog person.
One thing you don't need at this time of the year is flus and viruses. Hope all is well till after the holidays.

Bill said...

Two cute cats added to your family, how nice. Glad they are adapting well. We started wearing masks when we are on the bus, people coughing and hacking, it's so annoying. Have a wonderful week.

William Kendall said...

What cuties they are.

gz said...

It's good to be chosen by a cat as Their Human!

roentare said...

So cute they are

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love dogs but I'm kind of a cat person really. We are getting a new Pomeranian puppy on thursday.
Public health is for some reason a huge political thing here. That being said Covid and Flue are skyrocketing here so my wife and I are starting to wear masks again. My wife caught the flu last week and is still feeling the effects.

We live in an upside down world.

Bea said...

Tiger and Floki are very pretty kitties. May they thrive in your home!

At Home In New Zealand said...

Beautiful cats xx

Pisi Prkl said...

I´m a cat person, always was. I love them so much. Meow!

Hoping for speedy recovery of what ever you´ve got.

Tom said...

...congrats on your new additions. Wearing a mask makes sense in so many ways, take care and stay well.

Tigger's Mum said...

More stripey cousins! Tigger is very impressed and his humans have gone all soft and gooey. Xxx Mr T

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhhhhhh, lucky you with those two sweethearts!
Same here. Years and years nothing. Now; finally a holiday and I cough and sneeze, am tired, muscles hurt... Not nice. Bet when I start work again next week I´m fine.

s.c said...

That are two very nice sweethearts. I hope that it doesn't take too long for them to crawl on your lap and want to be cuddled but yes cats do have a will of their own. Sometimes they don't want to.

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...