Thursday 30 April 2020

It's the law


I was able to get out again yesterday for a longer walk - makes such a difference breathing fresh air instead of being inside all the time. We have some Autumn colours starting to come out here too and the building next to this tree is our local Police station which opened in 2010 hence the modern look.

There was originally another Police station here from 1957 which didn't meet the growing populations needs but this one is 1000 m2 and 2 storied.  There is over 60 staff members and there are interview rooms, holding cells, a community room and training facilities.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday

9 comments:

Fun60 said...

That's a magnificent tree.

Tom said...

...here I am waiting for leaves to appear!

At Home In New Zealand said...

What a smart new police station. I shudder to think how old the Hamilton one is now, but I guess it would be almost impossible to replace it, at least in its current position.

Joyful said...

I love Fall for the beautiful colour on trees and great walking weather.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I agree, getting outside for a walk, even a short one, makes a big difference. Pretty shot!

kwarkito said...

I'm more interested by the tree than by the police station...

Pisi Prkl said...

Ditto.

Bill said...

I do love that tree, it magnificent. Walks always seem to clear the head after being in for a long period. Have a great weekend.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Especially in Autumn nature walks are even more important... knowing you are enjoying the last of the good weather. I’m glad you were able to get out!

Eyes

In a nearby suburb in Greymouth I've been watching the reconstruction of this house and last week I saw that someone had painted a very ...