The lonely stag

 


Once in a while we love to venture out on a mini road trip. 3 weeks ago we decided to drive south where we stopped at Whataroa to enjoy lunch and coffee. It's a very very small town and in 2013 the population was estimated to be around 288 people but I wouldn't think it's grown that much since then.


This cafe "The Lonely Stag" is where we got out of the car to stretch our legs. The cafe served beautiful food and they had a part bengal "cafe cat" that let us pat her. 

Speaking of travelling, we dropped my daughter R off at the Hokitika Aiport earlier this week as she is spending 2 weeks in Northland at a friend's wedding. She will be catching up with friends from school and visiting family up there. She also has high anxiety so I was really proud of her for organizing everything and flying up there by herself. 



I also bought 5 packets of Freesia bulbs to plant along the front fence so I'm thinking that by Spring we should have a lovely row of red and white flowers coming up.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's Signs.

Comments

roentare said…
This is probably called a village. I have visited a few towns with less than 100 people. Very often, I hope I don't get kicked out of the town being a stranger.
s.c said…
Nice road trip story. I like it.
local alien said…
It sounds like a lovely day. So nice to get out and about and visit somewhere different
Tom said…
...business at the Lonely Stag looks slow. I will look forward to seeing your Freesia.
Yogi♪♪♪ said…
A nice coffee place in a small town is a treasure.
Tigger's Mum said…
That is a long way south - nice looking place though. I love the open feel of NZ's small rural villages.
Sharon said…
I love going out and exploring. It's always fun.
Penelope Notes said…
Looks peaceful and nice, especially for these troubled times. The name of the cafe is perfect considering how small the town.
Jim said…
Good shots.
Bipolaroid said…
Now that is a small place. 🤏
magiceye said…
Lovely street photo!
I like visiting small towns like this. Very cool!
s.c said…
Always when I see the pictures from N.Z. I think how nice and quiet it is there and hardly any people to be seen. Funny that they have so many stores in such a small town.