Thursday 1 June 2023

Which way?


We visited Cape Foulwind last week after stopping in at Punakaiki and decided we would do the walk around the cliffs in the hope of seeing seals on the rocks (we did see 5 of them but my camera couldn't get close enough for a decent shot). It was a very blustery cold but sunny day so we made sure we were wrapped up warmly. This signpost was halfway up the path and I was pondering which way I would go if I could, I decided I've never been to Sydney to I'd try there. Which way would you go?


This was the view over the water and rocks we saw from near the top. Spectacular don't you think?

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's Signs.

18 comments:

roentare said...

It is a lovely sign

Pauline said...

Thanks for the lovely little video. I could smell the sea and feel the breeze on my face. I think I'd choose Vancouver from the signpost. From there I could cruise the Inland Passage up to Alaska and visit the interior of British Colombia and hope to see the wild horses of Chilcotin. They have always been on my wishlist. That's my bit of escapism for today.

Fun60 said...

It is a beautiful view. I never tire of watching the sea.

gz said...

That is a blustery view from there!

Anonymous said...

Dunedin would be fine by me. And that Cape. Marvellous sea, wind blowing and waves. Nice little video

Tigger's Mum said...

Not called Cape Foulwind for nothing...

Tom said...

...I love signposts like this one!

magiceye said...

Spoilt for choice!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful view.

Bill said...

Great sign, I like it.

Iris Flavia said...

Reckon Perth was not on it?
Has an ocean, too, so somewhere with an ocean :-)

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Easy I'd just go home

Jim said...

Great signpost. Stoked to see Sydney on it.

Jocelyn said...

Great sign.

Jim said...

Go left as more people go right, more busy, maybe crowded.
..

Jim said...

That is my sister's saying.
..

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Capetown or Hong Kong kind of gets my attention. Although I love the name ChristChurch.

That surf video you posted is spectacular. Gorgeous. Water looks a little rough to swim in though and it may be too chilly there by now.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Absolutely gorgeous view! I like the sign. A good example of too many choices!

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...