Thursday 5 May 2022

Westport or Nelson


No that isn't my family in the photo, just some people I spotted when I was sitting in the passenger seat of my son's car. Anyway, we are starting to setting into being in a new town and the first thing we did on our first day here was buy some warm clothes so now we have collections of leggings, sweat pants, sweatshirts and long sleeved shirts. I've started work and most of my shifts are late ones 4 days a week but everyone is friendly and helpful. I had a work colleague comment that I'll probably be promoted to being a supervisor again like I use to be in no time but I'm not sure I want the extra responsibility.

At some point I think we need to try food from the Chinese takeaways across the road in this photo but until then I'm linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's Signs.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...good luck with your relocation.

Sami said...

Good luck in the new town and the new job. I know, having more responsibility is not always a good thing work wise...I work 3 times as hard as my colleagues and feel a lot more stressed, but earn just slightly more.

Fun60 said...

Another town for you to discover its treasures.

local alien said...

It is so nice that all your family relocated together. It's a complete climate change for you. Hope you all live it and all goes well work wise.

Jim said...

Best of luck.

At Home In New Zealand said...

Glad to hear you have got moved safely. Have fun exploring your new locality!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Good luck with your move. I would rather take a beating but I have moved numerous times and am still alive.

Einari Sinappi said...

We all could use a new beginning every now and then. Stay warm!

Photo Cache said...

I like how colorful everything is. Have a great weekend.

Worth a Thousand Words

Ms. Donyarific said...

Blessings to you! Thanks for sharing us your adventures in relocating, and I think it is a nice town. Have a wonderful weekend!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Both fun and scary to start fresh in a new town. Looks very pretty!

William Kendall said...

A moody sky.

Light and Voices said...

Greetings and Salutations! Fresh start with relocating, new job and warmer clothing. All will be fine. Doors are opening to new adventures.

Tigger's Mum said...

We love love love the colours.

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...