Saturday 22 May 2021

Fishing in Leigh



While cleaning up some of my stored photos I found this shot that would've been taken about 8 years ago in Leigh, just out of Matakana. Fishing is a popular sport here in New Zealand and most people either use a tractor or a large vehicle to take their boat out into the water. As this photo was taken on a Winter's day I'm hoping the 2 fishermen caught some nice fish as it's the perfect season to be out on the water.

Linking up with Weekend Reflections and The Weekend Roundup.

8 comments:

William Kendall said...

Not my idea of fun, but that's just me.

Susan Heather said...

Have spent a bit of time in Matakana as my late husband had a cousin there but never been to Leigh. Must remedy that, it looks nice.

Jim said...

Regarding your question about my railway station photo. There's a lift on the left hand side, which connects the street with the concourse. Another lift takes passengers down to the platform.

Tigger's Mum said...

I take it that's sea (sand flats) and the tide is out? Fishing is a popular sport here in Greece too but they tend to keep their boats on the water (no tides to contend with).

Bill said...

I've seen a few tractors putting their boats in the water down in Killybegs.

Iris Flavia said...

Ingo loves to try and catch fish, too. Not here, we have not really places for that - sadly. I always joined with a good book. Happy times.

Tom said...

...it appears to be at low tide. I wish that I had the patience for fishing.

Amy said...

Yes it's an estuary that leads to the sea, i've fished down that way for many years and it's pretty good, tide was out.

Taramakau River

  Last week B and I drove out to Dillmanstown which is a former mining settlement out Kumara way, about 20 minutes drive from Greymouth. We ...