Monday 2 March 2020

Rame Yoh - Robot Fish




I was going through some of my photos from a few years ago when we lived in Mount Maunganui, I had forgotten about this mural I had snapped a photo of which was painted on a building along the main street.

Robotic Fish (as I call it) was painted by Rame Yoh as part of the Street Prints Mauao Campaign from 2015 - 2017. Apparently there was more around the back of the building but I didn't realize this hence me only getting this side.

I love the idea of artists painting buildings, I think it discourages untidy graffiti and allows them to show off their talents.

Linking up with Mural Monday and Our World Tuesday.

13 comments:

Mae Travels said...

I agree with you on having artists paint buildings like this. The creativity shown throughout the world by these muralists is fascinating.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It is certainly interesting; kind of a steampunk vibe maybe? ... and wherever you stood to get the picture was perfect...I can’t ever seem to get a good angle to get a whole mural. (But the ones we have (in Oregon) aren’t that good anyway. I don’t really even see any here in Florida.

Susan Heather said...

I love Street Art.

Iris Flavia said...

An interesting one. A bit scary, too.

Wayne said...

I like it, very interesting!

Sami said...

Interesting mural Aimz, thanks for participating.

Sharon said...

That's a good one. I'm not sure why anyone would actually make a robotic fish but, it certainly makes a nice mural.

Graham Edwards said...

Getting artists to decorate building is quite the thing these days and much to be applauded in my view.

Bill said...

A nice mural and pleasant to look at.

William Kendall said...

Quite different.

Sandra Nachlinger said...

I love the vibrant colors and creative design of the "robotic fish" mural. What a delightful way to cover a wall.

Fun60 said...

Very impressive piece of street art.

thomas said...

nice mural

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...