Friday 17 May 2019

Russell's wharf gets help



Over Summer we visited Russell (I had never been there before) and witnessed what a busy hive of activity it is. I read last week that apparently the wharf is in an urgent state of repair and submissions are being made as to what people think should be done to it.



After the closing date for the submissions on May 16th the mayor and councillors will go over what they've received and a new plan will be formed by June 21st. One of the ideas is to add a cafe or a restaurant and a boat terminal, this region is extremely popular with tourists so I think those additions will be a good idea.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday.

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

It does look in serious need of refurbishment.

Bill said...

A cafe/restaurant sounds good. Some of the funds could be set aside to maintain the upkeep of the pier. Hopefully it will get the help it needs. It is a gorgeous area from the look of your photos.
Enjoy the day!

Vicki said...

I love walking on piers. I like the idea of a cafe or restaurant.

Lady Fi said...

A lovely place. Hope it gets the help it needs.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Lovely views of the water and sky. I hope the wharf is renovated. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

It looks like a beautiful spot. It will be interesting to see what becomes of it. I like the idea of a cafe!

Bea said...

So scenic. To have a user-friendly wharf would be a boon to the area.

Club Crafteria said...

Looks great, adding a cafe will make this area more popular.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I agree Amy, let's hope that idea gets approval I'm sure it will draw many more visitors there ✨

Queue

  I'm sure we've all stood in this same way at airports in our lives. This one features B and 2 tourists waiting for coffee at Auckl...