Saturday 13 July 2024

Beach

 

Last weekend B and I drove out to nearby Rapahoe Beach to collect driftwood. We recently had a load of firewood delivered but decided some wood from the beach would help.



Lately we've had some cold Winter nights at 1 degree ceksus at 7am most mornings, in fact yesterday before I left for work I had to wash ice off my car windscreen with a bucket of cold water. But with days like this I can't complain.

Linking up with My Sunday Snapshot All Seasons, Little Things Thursday and the Weekend Roundup.

10 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

We've been washing ice off windscreens as well! Stay warm :)

roentare said...

Driftwood is good for beach photography acting as a foreground

Iris Flavia said...

I hate such weather, truly. Nice you got that wood for help, too. Ack. 17C here - not really summer...

Tom said...

...driftwood is Mother Nature's sculptures.

s.c said...

Indeed that driftwood in the foreground is a fantastic prop in the beach composition.

Sharon said...

A trip to the beach is always nice in both winter and summer.

Bill said...

Some people over here use warm/hot water to get the ice off their windscreen. I was expecting to see the windscreen to implode but it didn't. Still best to use cold water or a scraper.

DawnTreader said...

Love the first photo, that looks almost like a sculpture... I think I'd have difficulties burning it! ;)

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

I love finding driftwood on beaches Amy. Have a lovely week ahead

William Kendall said...

My mother liked driftwood.

Cafe

  Here in New Zealand there is a big South African community in various towns and cities. This one in Hokitika sells mostly products like Bi...