Thursday 28 March 2024

Westport News

 


This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victorian architecture in New Zealand.

We have had a bit of a rainy start to the week here. I was called for jury service a few weeks ago but luckily when I turned up to the local courthouse my name wasn't on the list so I was dismissed. I wasn't looking forward to having to tediously sit in a courtroom.

It's been bonkers this week at work too. Just so many easter eggs are being bought. I don't eat chocolate anymore, it seems I've gone off the taste.

Linking up with Skywatch Friday and Tom's Signs.

11 comments:

roentare said...

I am growing fond of these old vintage buildings as I grow older

local alien said...

How nice to have gone off chocolate. You don't have to fight temptation! It's a difficult time of the year lol
Lovely old building

s.c said...

That looks like a nice little building.

Tom said...

...that's a classie building!

Tigger's Mum said...

I do so love the style of our older buildings. Pity so many of them fall foul of earthquake standards of construction. Loads of old parts of Ashburton had to be demolished after the 2quakes in Christchurch and it destroyed so much of the character of the older part of town. (On the other hand, new buildings do improve the business footfall in some of the places that had got a bit neglected.)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love the color of the building and the trim. It looks solid.

Jocelyn said...

Love the older classic buildings.

Jim said...

Great building.

Pisi Prkl said...

Nice little house.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I love old buildings. Congrats on being dismissed from jury duty!

William Kendall said...

Never been called to jury duty. Hopefully never will.

Queue

  I'm sure we've all stood in this same way at airports in our lives. This one features B and 2 tourists waiting for coffee at Auckl...