Zebra crossing


I was going through some of my thousands of old photos that I've taken over the last 10 years or so and I came across this one from about 5 years ago when we lived in Tauranga. There was one morning when I was working in dentistry in a job I hated for a company who made me feel unappreciated when I had to psych myself up most mornings. I remember walking down one of the side streets near the waterfront feeling the restfulness of that time of day. Now I'm lucky enough to say that I'm in a different place mentally and actually like my job and the people I work with. Time flies...

Linking up with Weekend Reflections and the Weekend Roundup.

Comments

Yogi♪♪♪ said…
Nice photo, I've had jobs where I hated even going to work and I have been fortunate that most jobs that I had and bosses were interesting and rewarding.
Tigger's Mum said…
Life's changes can sometimes be gradual and we only appreciate the distance we have travelled (metaphorically) by looking back from time to time.
roentare said…
I had similar work experience that I psych every morning as well. Terrible!
Pisi Prkl said…
Great reflection! Most of my jobs haven´t been good either. Glad you´ve found a good place. 🙂
local alien said…
It's terrible having to go to a job everyday you hate. Thank goodness you're in a much happier place now
Jim said…
Bad memories but great shot.
My experience is not to stay too long at a job.. There's always something that doesn't feel right and then the best thing is to change.
Glad you made a change and found a good place to be.
Iris Flavia said…
I´ve been there, too.
I had to drive 30 km. Did, and one day sontanously packed my stuff, went to the boss and said I quit.
Drove back home, Ingo´s Granma heard me coming, said, "you look so happy, did you finally quit?"
Tom said…
...fortunately I have never had a job that I hated.
Bill said…
Glad you are at a better place in your job and life.
Pauline said…
Having to work at a job we hate is the pits - even if it is in a beautiful location. Great early morning photo. I only once had a job like that. Thankfully it didn't last for long. Good to hear you are in a better place now.
Klara said…
really beautiful morning scene (and waterfront location doesn't hurt :-). I am happy that those stressful days are behind you.