Tuesday 20 June 2023

Recharging


These car recharging points are being seen more and more around the country. This is one of a handful seen in Greymouth. The trouble is electric and hybrid cars are not exactly in a friendly price range for the average person. I prefer my economical reliable little car.

We finally have a date for the underfloor insulation of our house which is to be in 2 weeks time, hopefully it will make a difference on the temperature of the floors in cold Winter mornings. Still no snow on the mountains though. I have been busy spreading crass clippings onto my vege garden and around the roots of my citrus trees. The shortest day of the year is coming up soon so I am looking forward to Spring and seeing more colour, until then for the next week we have average temperatures above 6 degrees celsius at night so I can't see the fire being on as much as it has been.

I met with friends last week at one of the local pubs for lunch which was nice but the windchill outside while we were waiting for each other was a bit brutal. Unfortunately I was disappointed by the interior of the building, it seemed that all of the historical period features have been removed over the years and replaced by everything circa 1970s retro - such a shame.

Linking up with Through my lensTuesday TreasuresMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

11 comments:

roentare said...

Electrical cars are a luxury in Oceania.

William Kendall said...

I can only think of a couple charging stations here, but there would be more.

NCSue said...

Here in the states we're seeing more EV's but charging stations aren't found easily in some locations. Makes it ticklish for traveling over distances.
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/06/another-visit-to-cedar-creek-gallery.html

local alien said...

Electric scooters are a big thing in Greece but I haven't seen any electric cars. I'd stick with a little economic Al ordinary one too

Tom said...

...a sign of the future.

magiceye said...

Electric cars still a luxury.

Iris Flavia said...

Ack, I always try too not think about that day... means our days are getting shorter, buhu.
Oh , I would love to see the 70´s interior!
Good luck all goes well with your insulation.

Bill said...

We have one electric charging spot here in town and you don't see many people using it.

Veronica Lee said...

Electric cars are getting popular in our corner of the world.

Happy Wednesday, Amy!

Pisi Prkl said...

Hello from other side of the world! Summer Solstice, longest day of the year. 🙂

Good that you had your floor insulated for Winter.

Electric Cars and Hybrids are pretty common here. But they do have a hefty prizetag though.

nic said...

Here we are having the longest day of the year, trying to keep the house cool :D

Red

  One of the local art galleries in one of the main streets in town - they sell artwork, portrait photography etc. After checking out their ...