Tuesday 6 June 2023

Cold


Finally we have sunshine. This week the temperatures at night are low with the west coast getting down to 2 degrees celsius. But...the good news is that there is snow on the Southern Alps and on the mountaintops.  Some places like Hokitika, which is a seaside town don't necessarily get the snow but they get very very cold. My oldest son and his partner have now found out they are having a girl baby so I have been busy crocheting baby booties and a cot blanket so that has been keeping me busy on my days off.

Linking up with Through my lensTuesday TreasuresMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

13 comments:

NCSue said...

Ooooh - I'm glad you're warming up! I'm not a huge fan of cold weather!
Thanks for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/06/power-tower-nearer-and-clearer.html

magiceye said...

Beautiful capture!

Iris Flavia said...

2C, brrrr. Yesterday suddenly we got 26 - finally!
To crocheting for a sweet reason.

Andy said...

Congratulations Grandma!

roentare said...

It does look chilly!

Tom said...

...it looks cold and empty!

local alien said...

2o is very cold. Good weather for crocheting though. Great news. Youre going to be a Nana!!

gz said...

That is a great beach access path...full of art!!
Friends in Waikouaiti are having frosty nights now...bringing all the tender plants indoors

Sharon said...

It sounds like winter has arrived. Congrats on the upcoming baby in the family.

William Kendall said...

The cold suits me!

Bill said...

Looks quite peaceful.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It's hot here in Tulsa but you photograph is cooling me down.

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Thank you for showing me

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...