Tuesday 9 May 2023

Pride

I've been seeing a few new building projects being made around town and some of the old heritage buildings being pulled down for them. I'm guessing the old ones are probably not earthquake proof and will cost too much to bring up to an acceptable standard. Shame really but that's progress I guess.



Every week at work a lovely gay couple come in and do their shopping. I always make it a point to chat with them and last week they gave me a bag of brand new pride shoelaces that they sell at markets. When I took them home my children and I divided them up and now we all wear them in our shoes.

Linking up with Through my lensRuby TuesdayTuesday TreasuresMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

12 comments:

NCSue said...

Love the shoes! Wear them with pride!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/05/forrest-is-putting-his-big-boy-shoes-on.html

gz said...

In some places they have pride in their building history..and if a building is not safe they keep the facade and build a new building behind it. At least the new one then doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

Nice laces..a lovely touch to a plain dark shoe!

local alien said...

The laces are gorgeous. Happy shoes lol

s.c said...

Nice laces indeed.

Andy said...

I like your shoelaces... the colours are fantastic!

Tom said...

...I love those shoe laces!

DawnTreader said...

Fun with a bit of colour sometimes - whether you want to make a 'statement' of it or not! :)

Bill said...

The laces look great in your shoes, I like them.

Lydia C. Lee said...

They are super cool laces. Weirdly they made me think of Robin Williams. I guess he wore rainbow braces as Mork? #MCoW

William Kendall said...

Colourful laces.

Pisi Prkl said...

Sorry about those old houses. It is what it is.

Nice way to fly rainbow colors. 🌈

Iris Flavia said...

Now I feel really bad. I was at the grocery today and in a hurry. Our handicapped cash-out woman I am in the casual "du" with had three customers, so I used the self check out.
Heck. A few minutes I should´ve taken to stand in line and chat with her then.
Thank you, next time I will do... (she is not there often any more).

Queue

  I'm sure we've all stood in this same way at airports in our lives. This one features B and 2 tourists waiting for coffee at Auckl...