Saturday 11 February 2023

Fat Pipi Pizzas


A street shot from Hokitika last time we were there in Spring. I haven't eaten there but they are right next to the beach so that would be an enticing feature. Fat Pipi Pizzas offer Seafood, Pizza, Pasta and Chicken meals - their menu looks good. For those who don't know what a Pipi is it's like a small type of shellfish that you can either eat raw or cooked. I use to eat them when I was a child but unfortunately these days with so many beaches hit by pollution it's just not that safe anymore.

Linking up with Weekend reflections and the Weekend roundup.

10 comments:

local alien said...

What a great name. Wonder what the pipi pizza tastes like. Very fishy no doubt

Bill said...

We just had pizza tonight. Like the name of that pizza shop.

Lydia C. Lee said...

I assumed Pipi was the person's name? But I didn't kno you could eat Pipis raw?!

roentare said...

It looks like the type of place I visit regularly

At Home In New Zealand said...

With a name like that, I would HAVE to visit to see what their food tasted like :)

William Kendall said...

I had pizza today.

Tom said...

...pipi is new to me!

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, good to know. When we need to go, we say "Pipi"!

James said...

At first, I was trying to imagine a chubby Pippi Longstocking and then I realized it was Pipi, not Pippi. :-)

Tigger's Mum said...

It is really sad to think we can't safely eat shellfish straight from our beaches any more. What happened to the clean green image? Just an image? Different reality?

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...