Tuesday 24 January 2023

Antiques and Collectors Show 2023













On Saturday before work B and I visited a local Antiques and Collectors Fair in town. I had a sneaky suspicion that everything being sold there may be overpriced but we decided to check it out anyway.

Gold coin donation meaning $1 or $2 coin donation which was fine and although we found the displays of what people had found to be interesting most of the items being sold sadly were indeed a bit expensive for my liking. I loved seeing the Rupert the Bear annuals which were a favourite from my childhood and one book in particular which was about west coast gold mining caught my attention but after the seller told me the price for it was $85 I thought better of it, I can probably find the same book elsewhere alot cheaper.

We were a bit disappointed overall and probably won't bother with next year's.

Linking up with Through my lensRuby TuesdayTuesday TreasuresMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

13 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I like looking at places like that but not buying. We are getting rid of stuff slowly. Don't need to add at home.

Graham Edwards said...

I can never resist such fairs but, as you said, sellers usually or very often have unrealistic expectations of price.

Iris Flavia said...

Last time I visited a fleamarket I was 17.
3 Years ago I was too late and they were gone already.

local alien said...

Rupert the Bear was a favourite of mine too. And those annuals were a favourite. Trying to remember the girls ones.

Bill said...

I didn't know that spark plugs were considered collectables. :)

roentare said...

This is like a flea market. I like this sort of sales

Klara said...

antique fairs tend to be pricey. I like browsing, but never buy anything.

NCSue said...

A nice assortment of memorabilia. My folks used to haunt auctions each week to try to snag antiques. I rarely see anything like that any more.
Thank you for sharing at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/01/play-time.html

Tom said...

...I like the old tin boxes!

Yvonne said...

Looks like a fun show to visit.

William Kendall said...

Very eclectic.

csuhpat1 said...

That is so cool. I would have had a blast there. Very nice.

Pisi Prkl said...

It´s always nice to take a look see. But very seldom I buy anything of this sort. I do fleamarkets for clothing though.

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...