Tuesday 2 August 2022

Trotting along


On a recent visit to nearby Serpentine Beach we were walking along the sand when these two horse and riders trotted next to us. This is a very rugged and windswept place with loud waves and probably not suitable for swimming. I like horses but I haven't ridden on one for many years. As a teenager I had a friend with a horse and one day while I was sitting on him he tried to take off, so needless to say it's something I won't do again in a hurry.

It's been a while since we've seen this sort of mild weather. Lately by the time I get up in the mornings around 7am it's 1 degree but the difference in cold compared to Northland is it's more of a dry cold here, very crispy but the fireplace has been coming in handy and the cats are putting on their winter fat - I think the temperatures here were a bit of a shock to them at first.

Linking up with Through my lensRuby Tuesday, Tuesday treasuresMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

14 comments:

Susan Heather said...

I much prefer the dry cold.

NCSue said...

We've been in the midst of s heat wave, but I still don't envy you the cold weather!
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/08/magical.html

Pauline said...

I don't think I like any sort of cold, Amy. Hope your cats adapt as quickly as you seem to have.

Iris Flavia said...

Nice scene.
I was on horse- and pony-back a lot.
Needless to say... after a long break I fell, broke my arm, complications, lalala...
I do not dare to try again.
The only horses I see here are police horses.
Eeeek. Cold in your place! 13C here (7:30 am)

Lydia C. Lee said...

Nice, with sort of sea mist rolling in....

local alien said...

I wondered what your winters would be like down there. Doesn't sound too bad so far. Unless you're a cat

Bill said...

Nice photo, it looks peaceful out there riding a horse. Never been on a horse and that's fine with me. :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

a great beach picture Amy I like looking at horses but have never even sat on one. Not high on my bucket list actually but they do look pretty by the ocean!

NatureFootstep said...

looks great, riding on the beach :)

Tom said...

...this looks like a beautiful ride.

magiceye said...

Beautiful image!

Veronica Lee said...

I am with Pauline - I don't like any sort of cold.

Ha, that is why I live in a country that is forever summer!

Happy Tuesday, Amy!

Awesome capture BTW!

s.c said...

Looks indeed great on that beach.

William Kendall said...

I've never ridden. A sister in law has two horses.

Westport News

  This has been one of the early buildings in Westport from the 1870s that is still being used for the local newspaper, so much old Victoria...