Tuesday 22 March 2022

Helena Bay Cafe and Art Gallery



Last week B and I were on a mission to visit Helena Bay which is just before Whangarei. On the way back from the beach we stopped at the Helena Bay Art Gallery and Cafe to have some lunch. After scanning in our vaccine passes and ordering some meals we were surprised to see quite a few other groups of people there. This is very positive as so many kiwis are trying to support local businesses. New Zealand's international borders are soon to be opening up  which will bring in so much more tourism, I think it's time to get back to some kind of normal now that covid is out there.


I have a tendency to get car sick and have done since I was little but I find some sort of fizzy drink normally helps to settle my tummy. The road into and out of Helena Bay was extremely winding through alot of tight corners.



I didn't get too many photos as we needed to get back home for an appointment so I managed to get a few shots here and there of some of the sculptures that we did see.


We are gong to try to get back there before we move so we can get some more in depth photos of everything else that was there.



I couldn't help but like this blackboard sign that I saw above the counter - my one cup of morning coffee works wonders for me so I can appreciate the words.

Linking up with Through my lensTuesday TreasuresTravel TuesdayMy corner of the world and Wordless Wednesday.

14 comments:

Bill said...

Looks like an inviting place. I like that coffee sign.

NCSue said...

This looks like a lovely place to indulge in a bit of caffeine and conversation!
Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2022/03/cat-traps-variety.html

local alien said...

The sculptures and creations are so imaginative. Well worth another visit ....to take photos for us

Iris Flavia said...

Looks really nice, and oh, yes to a bit of a normal life again!

Sharon said...

That fizzy drink is named for my city! I need one of those. It's great to see people out dining again, isn't it?

Tom said...

...the garden and the sculptures would interest me. I'll pass on the coffee!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I love coffee shop signs -- this is a new one and I agree with you and it!! Do you think that NZ businesses (especially restaurants) will require tourists to scan their vax cards ? I'd eat out more here if we had that rule. I wish we did.

Tigger's Mum said...

We like the range of creativity in the art part.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Looks like a great spot with something for everyone #MCoW

William Kendall said...

I like the sculptures.


I find I only get carsick if I read. But I'm fine doing so on a train.

Veronica Lee said...

Looks like a lovely place for a cuppa.

Love that coffee sign!

Happy Wednesday, Amy!

magiceye said...

Lovely captures!

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful place to visit. Love your photos.

Keith's Ramblings said...

I would happily visit there, the blackboard is spot on!

My photos!

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...