Tuesday 2 March 2021

Waimamaku country roads



Further on from my day out with B last week, this is where we were. Waimamaku is south of the Hokianga Harbour and is a very small settlement.  

Because this is about 90 minutes away from where we live B and his colleagues are suppose to drive there only up to 3 times a week to fix peoples phone lines and internet faults etc if there are any, luckily they get paid for their travel.

While he was puttering around last week I took the liberty of taking a few photos (below) while I was in and out of the work truck during bouts of boredom.

 


There were about 5 houses up this long country road scattered quite a distance from each other but one of them had a garden that was full of Dahlias.




Can never resist taking photos of old abandoned sheds - not often I see metal ones, usually they are made of wood and falling apart.



Whatever these wildflowers are, they look like they would be good for being dried. 

Linking up with Our World Tuesday, Through my lens, Tuesday Treasures, My Corner of the World, Wordless Wednesday.

18 comments:

Lydia C. Lee said...

That bridge looks a little scary, like it might fall apart! Off to google exactly where you are.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views.

Pauline said...

That takes me back, Amy. GB and I were wandering around that area one Saturday looking for the Wild West Festival, not knowing exactly where it was and came upon a crowd, tents and marques so thought we'd found it. We entered the grounds and as we came around a corner nearly came face to face with a bride. We hightailed it out of there laughing! We're a bit old to be gatecrashers.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I can never resist such abandoned places! Sadly by now I´m to mature to go in when it looks like falling apart, but back in the day... thank you for the memories. And beautiful pics.

Tom said...

...I do lokk a drive down a country road and this one looks great to me. Thanks Amy for taking me along. Take care.

Fun60 said...

So green and picturesque.

local alien said...

Love the name of that place. Soore lovely NZ photos

Bill said...

Beautiful country scenes.

NCSue said...

Thank you for sharing these shots at https://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2021/03/bad-memory.html

Veronica Lee said...

I have a thing for old abandoned sheds too! Love your fabulous captures, Amy!

At Home In New Zealand said...

My brother fixed phone lines for several years from his base at Maungaturoto. He certainly had some scary tales to tell about some of his adventures finding faults along some of those back-country roads! Love your photos :) xx

Amy said...

Who is your brother, I lived in Maungaturoto for 8 years from 2002 until 2010

carol l mckenna said...

Great floral and nature shots plus you get to be with hubby ~

Living moment by moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You made beautiful use of your time Amy, your photos make me want to head out on a country trip ✨

Tigger's Mum said...

Where F started life in The Wilderness near Te Anau, the locals used to fix their own phone line after winter snows, and apparently you could find all sorts of bits of wire patched into the connections. (It was a very long time ago - she's at least 4 cat lives old.)

Yvonne said...

Your drive took you through some very beautiful country, Enjoyed the photos.

Photo Cache said...

Beautiful countryside.

Worth a Thousand Words

betty-NZ said...

Isn't the countryside gorgeous!

I'm glad to see you this week at 'My Corner of the World'!

Cobden Observation Post

  We've been living in Greymouth nearly 2 years now and we finally got to complete this walk to the Cobden WW2 Observation Post . It too...