Saturday 26 December 2020

After Christmas...





We are now on our country's boxing day. Yesterday we had a very very relaxing day with my parents who came up in their camper - they are here for about the next 2 days.

B made a yummy pork roast with crackling and veges. I made a lettuce salad but added finely chopped onion, cherry tomatoes, soft boiled eggs, cucumber with a balsamic vinegar dressing. Dessert was an apple and pear cake with custard and cream.

A few days ago B had bought a large umbrella for our deck outside so that came in handy as it ended up being a very hot sunny day.

As for gifts we don't normally spend up large for each other, we mainly buy each other lottery tickets and chocolates so that if someone wins we plan to share it around with family members. 

The only gifts I made a bit different this year was for B's sisters. I had spent most of the year finding bits and pieces here and there like specialty soaps, hand creams, lip balms and put it all together in gift boxes for them. What we got back in the mail was a plastic drink bottle for him and a hand towel for me so not sure what happened there but to say we were a bit disappointed was an understatement but they both went into the bag destined for the local op shop - I'm sure someone will appreciate them.

I thought it was back to work today but when I turned up all was quiet, a text to my boss said she had forgotten to tell me we were closed this weekend, I'm not bothered really it's nice being at home for once.

Apart from that everyone is happy and full - hope you all had a good day, leave a comment to say what you got up to. 🎄
 

Linking up with the Weekend Roundup.

11 comments:

Tom said...

...enjoy your time with family!

Red said...

I always wondered what southern hemisphere Christmas would be like.

Susan Heather said...

Enjoy your day off. Pity you had to drive into work to find out. Sounds like a lovely Christmas.

local alien said...

A great salad ! Your deck looks perfect especially with company. You can enjoy a few days off now and sit out there with cold drinks!!
All the best of health and happiness to you and your family

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Happy Holidays, it sounds like you had a lovely time and a great dinner. I like your deck and the gift boxes sounds like a great idea. Enjoy your time off, have a great weekend.

Tigger's Mum said...

That crackling looks like a winner.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Sounds like you had a good Christmas, not sure how I would have responded to the rubbish you got from B's sister, just not bothered with anything for her the next year or just sent them back.

Graham Edwards said...

I like a quiet Christmas. I saw my son and his family in the morning but our lockdown tier only allows two families in a house so I shared dinner with friends.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It looks like a good Christmas to me, the food especially. We don't exchange gifts much from people outside our immediate family except for my brother and mother-in-law. Part of continuing plan of destressing Christmas.

Amy said...

You're so right, we aren't going to bother next year. Hope you had a good Christmas

At Home In New Zealand said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas Day. We had nice weather as well.

Apartments

See that reddish coloured building in the distance? In the early to mid 1990s I use to work there, can't remember what floor though. Bac...