Saturday 3 October 2020

Modern buildings




 Another photo from Auckland City - this one was taken near the top of the city while we had stopped at the traffic lights. Most of the buildings there are modern new ones like these but thankfully there are still some odd heritage ones about.

Yesterday morning on my day off I was out the door before 8am on a mission to take my younger son's car back to VTNZ to get it re-checked. He had taken it in for it's 6 monthly warrant of fitness earlier in the week and it had failed on a minor issue. After him and B managed to replace the broken part that was at fault he asked me to take it in as he was working late last night. To say it was nippy outside was a bit of an understatement. We are in Spring here and so far we've been fortunate enough to have mostly warm days but my phone said it was 5 degrees celsius at that time so coming back home afterwards was a relief.

Linking up with Weekend Reflections and the Weekend Roundup.

9 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite modern indeed.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Beautiful shot, with the reflections.

Bill said...

A very attractive modern building. I love the reflections.

Susan Heather said...

I don't think I would recognize Auckland now.

Tom said...

...striking, but give a heritage building any day.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The one good thing about modern buildings is that they are excellent for reflections đŸ˜‰ Gosh 5C, that was chilly Amy, hope you were well rugged up ✨

Tigger's Mum said...

That's cool (the building). It and the one beside it have some real interest to them. As always great photo.

At Home In New Zealand said...

It has been a long time since I was in Downtown Auckland. I was going to say I must make a visit soon, but I don't think so! LOL

Rhonda Albom said...

I like the older buildings on the lanes in downtown. There are plenty of new buildings (and architecture) around.

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...