Saturday 11 July 2020

Just buzzing around


I love seeing these guys busily buzzing around the flowers at work - we need to encourage them in our gardens. I caught this guy feeding off some yellow Grevillea plants at my work. They convert flower nectary into honey and raw honey is a stable that we have in our pantry, mostly because it's a natural anti-septic - it's great mixed in with warm water and some lemon juice.

Other things I like to do during the day is to have a parsley or mint drink. I cut a short sprig or leaf and add it to semi-boiled water, it's very refreshing.  Other than that I have some daisies, a newly potted up rose plant and various native plants in my garden. What plants have you got in yours for the bees?

6 comments:

Tom said...

...pollinators sure are important!

jennyfreckles said...

Lots to be thankful to the bees for, not least delicious honey.

Bill said...

All our plants are indoors, we have no garden. :( I do like mint tea so we grow mint in our kitchen window and just the other day, we picked up a parsley plant.

At Home In New Zealand said...

There is not much around for the bees at the moment, but they are still visiting the odd flower on the geraniums.

NatureFootstep said...

I am happy as long as there are critters buzzing around, as it shall be. :) You don´t have to love all of them, but they shall be around.

carol l mckenna said...

One of nature's gems captured so well ~ Xox

Be Safe, Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...