Monday 1 June 2020

Ginger Cafe Mural




A few years back when I use to travel to Warkworth quite a bit I took this shot of a mural on the side of the Ginger Cafe, so far my efforts to find out who the artist was has proven fruitless but to me it looks like dancing coffee cups on the left in amongst clouds. I am a coffee drinker myself and I can rate their mochas very very good. I don't think they are business anymore as I can't find any trace of them online which is a pity.



I hope you're staying safe wherever you are. With today being the 1st day of Winter much of Northland has had heavy rain warnings, over the last few days we've had heavy pelting rain and last night was blowing a gale. We have had my parents up over the long weekend staying in their camper in our driveway, they are due to go back today but this morning we were up at "The Rusty Tractor Cafe", one of our favourite spots enjoying "eggs benedict". Time to hibernate I think.

Linking up with Mural Monday and Our World Tuesday.

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I'll pass on the coffee, but I'll have the eggs benedict!

Susan Heather said...

The eggs bene look good. I think that used to be Rocket Cafe and was good then.

Sami said...

I'm not a coffee drinker, but love eggs benedict, and those look delicious.
Enjoy your parent's visit and hope the weather doesn't get any worse.
I feel like you, time to hibernate, I don't enjoy the cold at all!
Thanks for participating on Monday Murals.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm also a coffee drinker, Amy. 24/7 in fact. I think those were coffee mugs. Too bad when there is no information on the artist or mural. I wonder if it's even still there, so it's good you recorded it for posterity. Those eggs benedict look good even to this vegetarian.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yup, coffee and eggs benedict sounds good to me too Amy. Winter has hit Perth also, although WA Day today was pretty nice ✨

local alien said...

Those eggs Benedict look seriously tasty!! Great place for brekkie

Sharon said...

Oh my, you are making me hungry. Hibernations sounds very appealing.

Bill said...

I'll have a mocha and pass on the eggs!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

a good diner is hard to pass up - love the mural too

Karen said...

Neat looking mural!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

The mural is cool and too bad the Ginger didn’t make it! but the cafe you chose for breakfast would Make me happier than any mural, based on that beautiful serving of eggs Benedict! .... I bet we’d enjoy meeting your folks ... their way of visiting family is the way we prefer too! Close but with your own bed and bath )).

eileeninmd said...

hello,

The mural is cute. I would love the coffee and the breakfast. Have a happy day and great week ahead.

Photo Cache said...

Yummy food.

Worth a Thousand Words

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...