Monday 27 April 2020

Wings...




I've been going through some of my old photo folders and found quite a few  from 2017 of murals when we lived in Tauranga.

This one named "Wings" on The Strand has been painted on a modern toilet block and was created by 2 artists Tara Fowler and Millie Newitt. It was meant to be a "love note" to the people of Tauranga in 2018 and the 2 girls worked throughout horrendous weather (I took that to mean rain or storms) taking 24 hours to complete it.

Many people stop and take selfies in front of it so it looks like they have wings too.

Linking up with Monday Murals and Our World Tuesday.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...given the current situation, I'd like a big set of wings so that I could fly away! Thanks for sharing and stay safe.

Amy said...

I'm with you on that Tom, wouldn't that be something?

Rhonda Albom said...

There is a photo of me in front of those wings.

Pauline said...

Love those wings, that's a really lovely artwork.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love it. We visited a park yesterday out of town that had butterfly wings. My son let me take a photo of him with the wings.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

How pretty! I do love the fact that the toilets are beautifully decorated!

Sami said...

Beautifully decorated toilet block. We also have some wings in Fremantle and in Melbourne.
Thanks for participating Amy, sorry about the linky, I've now manually entered your mural.

Iris Flavia said...

It sure is a very beautiful one! And thank you, also for the background.

Mae Travels said...

Very pretty mural, really a nice work of public art.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What an amazing surprise and a real gem. Looks like we both featured feathers and wings this week. LOVE this because it is well done and colorful, too.

Sharon said...

I've seen wings that people pose in front of before but these are especially beautiful. Very well done!

local alien said...

I enjoy your posts about murals. They are simply wonderful, so full of colour and imagination

Bill said...

Beautiful! I can see why people would want to take selfies.

Bertiebo said...

Very nice

Photo Cache said...

I bet that's a popular spot for selfie.

Worth a Thousand Words

Taramakau River

  Last week B and I drove out to Dillmanstown which is a former mining settlement out Kumara way, about 20 minutes drive from Greymouth. We ...