Tuesday 8 October 2019

Old cars at Matakohe





On Saturday the youngest and I headed out the 40 minute drive to Matakohe where the museum there was having a "Settler's Day". The museum is all about showing off our region's kauri gum history including information about the first people to settle there, the machinery they used, their houses and how they lived.







One thing that was highlighted there was local people bought their old cars to show off and these photos are just some of the ones we looked at.



I'm not particularly interested in new cars these days but I do love old vintage and retro cars, they're really something different.



I quite like the little blue one, what do you think?



Linking up with Our World Tuesday and My corner of the World.

12 comments:

Fun60 said...

They do look a lot more interesting than modern cars.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

That little Blue one is an Austin A35 or Peanut as it was called in the UK, my wife used to own one

William Kendall said...

Beautiful cars! There's no way my long legs would fit in that last car.

local alien said...

Wonderful old cars. Not so darn old though really. I remember a few of them from my youth!!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I also love vintage cars - great shots!

Photo Cache said...

Aren't they too pretty?


Worth a Thousand Words

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh how fun is that! That blue one is adorable. We were just talking today about how practically all cars nowadays are neutral colors.

s.c said...

All cars look great and have their own personality. Much different with the today's one-size-fits-all cake. Thanks for showing.

kwarkito said...

The little blue one is my favorite too !!

betty-NZ said...

They are so much fun to see and spot on the road. These were made back when cars had individual personality.

Thanks for being a part of 'My Corner of the World' this week!

My Corner of the World

Graham Edwards said...

I, too, love old cars and the Napier Art Deco Weekend each February was a highlight of my year for lots of reasons but not least because of all the vintage cars that are on show from all over New Zealand and even some from the USA. My Dad at one time (when it was still a 'current' car drove an Austin 7 and at some time an Uncle owned an Austin A35 the same colour as the one in the first picture.

Powell River Books said...

Our A&W fast food restaurant has the Cruise the Dub nights in summer when people bring their old cars out for everyone to enjoy. - Margy

ANZAC Day 2024

  Photo from 2014 of Mangawhai Cadets on Anzac Day Today for us Kiwis is ANZAC Day which is incredibly important to those of us in the sout...