Friday 2 August 2019

The abode of happiness


2 days ago we took a taxi out to the nearby town of Sigatoka and while wandering some of the streets we spied this huge building sitting on the hillside. Apparently it is a Hare Krishna temple and although Fiji has a huge Christian population there are other religions here too such as this one.

Upon researching it I found their website says that this is "the abode of happiness", a place of worship and a refuge for those seeking inner peace plus inside is medical center, catering, counselling services, a justice of the peace, a gift shop and cultural learning on Sundays. Not my cup of tea but might be to others...

Linking up with Skywatch Friday.

12 comments:

Susan Heather said...

All new since we were there. I looked it up as I didn't recall seeing it.

William Kendall said...

On rare occasions I see them here, chanting the name of their religion over and over and over again.

I really don't get it.

Photo Cache said...

You're already in Fiji, wow. I cannot wait to see more photos.

Worth a Thousand Words

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Not my cup of tea either, just find them strance how they wander around chanting in their orange robes

PerthDailyPhoto said...

An impressive looking abode of happiness Amy. I'm always surprised to hear that Hari Krishna are still such a big presence ✨

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is a pretty temple! Great skywatch too! Enjoy your Friday, happy weekend!

local alien said...

Well it's got a gift shop so it can't be too bad lol

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I hadn't heard anything about the Hare Krishna's since the 70's or 80's.They were everywhere then.

carol l mckenna said...

Beautiful sky photo and quite the 'abode' ~ ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

We don't see them here. I don't know how they can go door to door preaching their message, most people don't seem interested.
Nice compositio.n with your photo, I like it

Sharon said...

Well, it certainly is an attractive building.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wow, it is huge! I think I might be tempted to go in, just to say I’ve been. I guess a lot of people must do that since they have a gift shop! Come to think of it, so did several of the churches (Christian) that we visited on our trip.

Taramakau River

  Last week B and I drove out to Dillmanstown which is a former mining settlement out Kumara way, about 20 minutes drive from Greymouth. We ...