Saturday 24 August 2019

Return to Piroa Falls


Normally the 1st September is considering to be officially the first day of Spring but it feels very mild here, so much never-ending rain but on the one day last week it temporarily stopped we managed to visit a local spot.


Piroa Falls is a place I use to take my children to when we lived in Maungaturoto, a town about 15 minutes away. A popular spot over Summer, lots of local people cool down here.


Over Winter it's dead quiet, too cold to be swimming here - it's nice to see it so pristine and clean at this time of year. I'd forgotten the gravel road we drove on to get there and how beautiful the scenery is.


I hope it stays that way but I know as the weather warms up and more people come here it will be more and more used. Sometimes I wish places like this were never discovered so they could remain untouched.


10 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful!

gz said...

Just the place to go and breathe

Susan Heather said...

We must go there. What is the road like - I see it goes from Maungatoroto through to S.H.1 near Waipu.

Sharon said...

What a beautiful spot. I bet it was fun to visit without the summer crowds. I liked that little video.

The Liberty Belle said...

Very lovely! It would be great to visit. Thanks for sharing.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh so beautiful and majestic! Lovely photos ^_^

Happy Day to You,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Bill said...

Such a pretty and beautiful place. It would be nice just to sit and listen to the falls, very relaxing.

NatureFootstep said...

wow, that is a beautiful waterfall. Many levels to explore :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a beautiful spot Amy, enjoyed the video. You can tell by the waterfall and current of the river that there's been a lot of rain. Yes, it would be nice if this was a secret place ☺

Rhonda Albom said...

I love going to Piroa Falls. When I go with others, there is always a discussion on how they got the concrete picnic table there (helicopter, carried in, other?)

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...