Sunday 30 September 2018

The 10km Puhoi River


On the day we moved to Kerikeri my daughter and I left an hour before the other 2, when we arrived we were an hour late. This is one of the reasons why. The Puhoi River is situated just out of Auckland and just before the town of Warkworth. Such a lovely quiet little town. This river flows southeast from it's source 10 kilometres through Warkworth, through Puhoi then ending at the coast of Whangaparaoa Peninsula. It's mostly used by Kayakers who enjoy the local scenery.

I hope your week has been good so far. For me it's been pretty insane. My 2 days off start today and I have absolutely no plans but to relax. Daylight savings started today so us Southern Hemispherers put our clocks forward last night in preparation of Summer.

7 comments:

Bill said...

The scene looks very peaceful, I can see why kayakers like passing through there. The EU is going to consider eliminating daylight savings after this year. There is a lot of talk about having a vote on it. Many consider it outdated, so we'll see what happens.

Susan Heather said...

I love Puhoi. When I first arrived in New Zealand a group of us used to go up there occasionally.

local alien said...

So wonderful and green. I love these rural photos.
Will be interesting to see what happens to daylight saving here. Were due to change at the end of October. The EU has been talking for a few years about abolishing t

William Kendall said...

A graceful bridge!

Andy said...

Such a peaceful scene. The green grass is off to a good start. Enjoy your days off.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That looks like a very pleasant river to kayak.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful river for photos and/or kayaking. Love that you and your daughter stopped to enjoy the scenery on moving day! That's the way life should be.

Emporium

  One of Napier's main streets in town Napier is one of those old town's that has been reconstructed with art deco buildings due to ...